IPTalons is excited to announce that we are leading the Society of Research Administrators International (SRAI) 2023 Research Security: Fundamental Building Blocks, a Mini Training Intensive. This Mini Training course will be led by IPTalons very own CEO Allen Phelps and Executive Vice President Mike Shannon as well as Carl Taylor, Chief Security Officer of the University of Kansas.
The mini-training will occur over a two-week period, January 17 & 24, 2023. The cohort will meet weekly on Tuesdays for 180-minute sessions starting at 1pm ET. Online classes will also be recorded and available for 90 days following the program.
The two-week training will provide participants with the basics of designing, implementing, and managing a research security program that complies with regulatory requirements and reflects best practices to safeguard innovation and research interests.
This program is designed to provide foundational information to design, implement, manage, and continuously improve research security and compliance programs in the academic, corporate, and government sectors. The program is broken down into six (6) modules that provide insights into various components of research security program and related compliance functions.
- Module 1: Overview of Research Security
- Module 2: Survey of the Research Security
- Regulatory Landscape
- Module 3: Research Security Program Building Blocks
- Module 4: Overview of Research Security Policy Framework
- Module 5: Role of the Research Security Officer
- Module 6: Leveraging Research Security Programs to Grow Research Portfolios
- Learners will have better understanding of the Research Security Management practice.
- Learners will recognize the emerging regulatory landscape impacting research security.
- Learners will be able to assess the components of an effective research security policy framework.
- Learners will be able to describe the roles and responsibilities of a Research Security Officer.
- Learners will be able to articulate the strategic importance of implementing a professional research security program
This program is designed for research administrators who work on research security and compliance issues at research-driven corporations, academic institutions, and government agencies. The program is applicable to all experience levels.